Sexual Prime...What's up with that?

Just don't get caught with your pants down!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas

I spent the first portion of my life growing up in the same place and just when I was matured and settled, a big gust of wind set me on a course to new unpredictable adventures. I have no idea what my path will be and how many things I will run into, but the ride is sure fun!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Can you say "soft focus"?

Why is it that ugly couples are always the most difficult to work with when taking their pictures? I shot a wedding this weekend and I am telling you they were so picky about every little thing and every shot done. The mother of the bride was a total control freak. I had to take a picture of every arrangement every single person at the wedding could come up with. I would have loved to tell them that I was not a miracle worker and that all the filters in the world would not help. Okay, I know I sound like a total bitch, but it really wasn’t because of the way they looked, it was their attitude. They called me a month ahead of time, didn’t get me the deposit until a week before the wedding and I didn’t even know what church I was going to until the day before. I’m telling you, if you love photography, do not go into wedding photography, it is a whole new ballgame. Yea, there is the reward of making people happy, but the stress that goes with it is a killer. I had a wedding last October that was the greatest ever and made my job completely worth it. They were the sweetest, most easy going couple I have ever worked with. Their families were both wonderful and the pictures turned out beautiful. I am shooting their best friends in July and actually looking forward to it. Maybe I should just start saying no to the difficult people!

16 Comments:

Blogger Scumbag said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mon Mar 27, 10:33:00 AM CST  
Blogger Scumbag said...

you should say no to drugs too.

if'n pbc and annabella get hitched, you could be the photographer. you do work fer beezo don't ya?

Mon Mar 27, 10:34:00 AM CST  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

Scum: I am sure something can be arranged!!

Mon Mar 27, 11:05:00 AM CST  
Blogger AWE said...

Please tell me you charged them extra.

Mon Mar 27, 11:34:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sonya said...

So are your returning their pics with devil horns drawn in? LOL!

Mon Mar 27, 01:36:00 PM CST  
Blogger KJ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!!

Mon Mar 27, 03:11:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(stay away from the pitchfork)

Mon Mar 27, 05:19:00 PM CST  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

if you can aford to say no the annoying couples then do it!

also... pitchfork? eww.

Mon Mar 27, 06:53:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Maybe I should just start saying no to the difficult people!"

Then that would exclude wedding photography all together. If the bride and groom are civil, I guarantee that a parent, relative or bride's maid/groomsman won't be and they will be thrice the jerk to compensate.

Go for an easier job like hostage negotiator or shark-wrangler.

Tue Mar 28, 06:40:00 AM CST  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

awe: I am thinking about adding to my reprint prices!

Waygon: I do have a difficult people sensor, but it doesn't go off when you are around....maybe it is broke. :)

anna: Yes, slap him stupid! shit, too late.

Sonya: No, but I might photoshop a mustache in....a darker one anyway. he he

poly: I am so sorry I said anything. I feel for you!

dm: you say you cut the cheese?

Kristen: Hey gorgeous!

marriedman: I have a strict policy of not allowing any foreign objects in there....aside from a vibrator, a finger and a clean penis!

anon: Totally!

Kitty: I can afford to, I just do weddings for extra income. I can only handle the stress of doing about 5 a year. I used to do around 10-15....then my hair fell out.

Brooke: I am coming over to your place to give you a hug. You seem a little.....hostile.

KC: I totally want to be a hostage negotiator...how do I get in that line of work? I would also like to talk people down off of ledges!

Tue Mar 28, 09:08:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sonya said...

The photoshop idea is great!

Tue Mar 28, 09:26:00 AM CST  
Blogger baddandy said...

ummm - im clean!!

and very photogenic - whenever i see a camera, i find a place to hide

Tue Mar 28, 12:48:00 PM CST  
Blogger mgc said...

you would like to talk people off ledges and i would like to push them off!

we have a conundrum.

Tue Mar 28, 03:01:00 PM CST  
Blogger jiggs said...

Do people ever ask you to take naked pictures of them? weddings or otherwise I mean

Also. monkey memories tomorrow

Tue Mar 28, 03:43:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

Sonya: Thanks, I am a photoshop queen.

Andy: I feel ya, I stay on the trigger side of the camera as much as possible.

mgc: I like big words...they're sexy!

Jiggsy: Yes, I have had people ask me to take glamour shots, but I have yet to do the naked thing. Although I am not against it!!

Tue Mar 28, 04:03:00 PM CST  
Blogger Crabby said...

That's the ugliest bride I ever saw. LOL!

Oh wait....I was forgetting Aunt Effie.

Wed Mar 29, 06:32:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hosting count:

handbags