Sexual Prime...What's up with that?

Just don't get caught with your pants down!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas

I spent the first portion of my life growing up in the same place and just when I was matured and settled, a big gust of wind set me on a course to new unpredictable adventures. I have no idea what my path will be and how many things I will run into, but the ride is sure fun!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Man did this weekend blow!

Saturday started out pretty good. I got a membership for the first time to a small private lake here in town. It’s very nice and you can swim, fish and jet-ski. I only had my 7 year old Emma, because my other daughter went with my mom to Iowa for a mini vacation. So, Emma was excited about having our own place to go fishing and wanted to go right away. We got down to the dock about 5pm and played around and fished for a little while and it started to sprinkle on us. That was kind of fun and it wasn’t cold. The wind was blowing our lines right back at us, so we moved to the other side of the lake. We were there for about 10 minutes and everything went calm. The sky looked pretty calm, so we stayed for a while longer. Then, all of a sudden the sky got pretty black and the wind started to pick up, so I told her it was time to head out. We made it back to our vehicle just in time for it to start down-poaring. I drove about a quarter mile and it started to hail. The radio man said it was pea sized, but obviously he was not in the same place I was. It was at least dime to nickel size. Now, I have lived most of my life in this little town, so I pretty much know every nook and cranny. It took me about 5 seconds to think of the closest cover. It was a huge arched metal canopy that covers 3 grain trucks. I squeezed in between the trucks and shut off my vehicle. It was so dark and the wind was blowing and the hail was pounding on the metal. Next thing I know, 3 more trucks try to squeeze in around me. They started getting out of their trucks and walking around. Emma asked me if we were going to get out. I asked her if she thought it would be safe to get out in a storm with 3 strange men in the dark, she decided it was better just to stay put (smart girl!), so she got out her flashlight and read a story to me, it was cute! Luckily it only lasted about 15 minutes and we headed home. Emma asked if we could fish the next night until it stormed again. I told her we should probably wait a couple weeks until the fish were biting. I have Spring fever so bad and I wish it would hurry up and get warm!

8 Comments:

Blogger mgc said...

i agree. spring needs to get here! i don't fish, but i like the outdoors. we dirtbike and spend week-ends at the beach, so i can't wait for better weather.

your daughter sounds cute. i have 2 of them (13 & 18) and they can be fun... when i'm not having to beat them! just kidding.

iowa on a mini vacation? who the hell goes to iowa for vacation? i've been twice - my wife's from there.

Mon Apr 03, 05:34:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have spring fever too TERRIBLY BAD!! It was 75 a day here last week and I sat outside in a tank and actually got sunburn I was sooooo happy! Then all the tornados came through this weekend and now it is cold again. This sucks!!!
Glad you and your daughter had fun even if was short lived. YOu'll have lots of fun this summer though.
~B

Mon Apr 03, 05:39:00 PM CDT  
Blogger jiggs said...

I gotst de spring fever!

It's been raining in my part of the world for two weeks straight it seems and the forecast says we got 10 days more! fuck you weather!

Tue Apr 04, 06:03:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Scumbag said...

fishing and tornadoes!?! i love you.

Tue Apr 04, 08:06:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

mgc: My mom has a best friend there...that is the only reason.
Dirtbiking sounds fun and I love the beach, but they are few and far between in Kansas!

db: I want a sunburn! SUMMER YAYYYY!

Jigsy: I would be depressed with that much rain. It's sunny and warm here today....come see me. :)

scum: I would have loved to have you along, you could have given me your expert advice on what the f-ing clouds were doing!

Tue Apr 04, 08:15:00 AM CDT  
Blogger AWE said...

I have been waiting for warmer weather so that I can geocache again.

Tue Apr 04, 10:41:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sonya said...

Glad the storm didn't scare her. It does some kids. At least you got some quality time together.

Tue Apr 04, 01:59:00 PM CDT  
Blogger yournamehere said...

There is no spring here. It will be one hundred thirty degrees very soon.

Tue Apr 04, 05:55:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hosting count:

handbags