Sexual Prime...What's up with that?

Just don't get caught with your pants down!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas

I spent the first portion of my life growing up in the same place and just when I was matured and settled, a big gust of wind set me on a course to new unpredictable adventures. I have no idea what my path will be and how many things I will run into, but the ride is sure fun!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

WHY?

My plan was to write a happy post about New Years and all things good in life, but this week has kept going down hill each day. The first bummer was the fact that I didn't get the job I applied for. I decided I should not be upset cuz it came down to me and another guy and he had WAY more experience and qualifications than I did and I did get complimented immensely on my resume.....still, I could have used a bump in pay. I always figure things happen for a reason, so I'm not dwelling on it. Moving on.....Aunt Flo came to visit...TMI....hate that! Then, this morning one of the girls that works for my company came in and asked if I had heard what happened at the house across from my childhood home. I was like "huh"? She said that the guy that lived across the street got drunk and hit a pedestrian and then went home. When the police got to his house, he pulled a gun and shot one of the cops and they shot back, but they are doing an investigation and he may have turned his gun on himself. The pedestrian is fine, the cop had new bullet armor on so he is fine.....the shooter is dead. You may be wondering why all of this is relevant. Well, the shooter happens to be a kid close to my heart. As some of you know.....I used to lifeguard and teach swim instruction for about 7 years. This kid(little Jim Bob) was one of my poolies. That's what I called the kids that were there everyday, all day and did whatever it took to get my attention. I just loved all of them.....they were ususally the kids that got in trouble and had to sit by my chair and also usually had a crappy home life. Jim Bob had a really rough home life. He lived with just his Dad who was a raging alcoholic and would smack him around a bit when he felt the need. He was about 10 the first year I met him. I followed what was going on with him a little as the years went by and he got himself into trouble quite a bit with drugs and fighting and stuff, but the last few years he had really made a turn around. He got married to a beautiful sweet girl and they had a set of boy/girl twins. The little boy is a total mini me of Jim Bob....so cute!! Well, the saddest thing in the whole deal is the fact that his twins are only 2 years old and they will never know him and his wife has to raise them on her own. Wow, that is depressing as hell.
On a good note....someone just walked by and asked if I had lost weight...oh happy day. I promise to make my next post more readable! Take care and hug your kids if you got em!!

6 Comments:

Blogger jamwall said...

sorry to hear about jim bob and not getting the job. i don't see you from this vantage point, but it appears through ESP that you've lost weight!

Fri Jan 05, 08:27:00 AM CST  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

jams: You always know how to make a girl smile!

Fri Jan 05, 09:28:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sucks about the poolie
and the job
the weight thing tho thats good i reckon
i need to drop some
so folks lose weight i find weight
and being undertall hurts me too
if i was only 7'5 i wouldnt need to lose any
js

Fri Jan 05, 10:34:00 AM CST  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

that sucks about jim bob.

hope you have a great weekend!

Fri Jan 05, 10:59:00 AM CST  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

Sal: I am entering a weight loss contest today as a matter of fact....weird!

j: I would only have to be 6'6"

Thanks Carl....you too, get ya some honey.....since I can't!

Fri Jan 05, 01:15:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang see if I could swap with you i'd only need to grow 4 inches, thats gotta be easier than losing 50 pounds!

Fri Jan 05, 01:38:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hosting count:

handbags