Sexual Prime...What's up with that?

Just don't get caught with your pants down!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas

I spent the first portion of my life growing up in the same place and just when I was matured and settled, a big gust of wind set me on a course to new unpredictable adventures. I have no idea what my path will be and how many things I will run into, but the ride is sure fun!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Death Becomes Her

This is a quickie post just to say I am back and will be visiting everyone’s blogs soon (be afraid).
I do have to tell you a little about the funeral I went to last weekend. It wasn’t your average funeral. There was a memorial service on Sunday where family and friends from the town Gladys was living in could get together. I thought the preacher would do a short sermon and we would leave, but instead he started telling funny stories and telling about practical jokes she liked to play. Then, he opened it up to family and friends to tell stories. It was really great! That’s what I want…people laughing at the silly things I have done. On Monday was the real funeral in her home town. I just assumed it would be a depressing occasion with everyone whaling through what the funeral home guy had to say. Instead, her daughter got up and told a couple more stories and also quoted some of her “famous” sayings. She told us about all the concerts Gladys loved to go to and that she always had a huge supply of glow sticks to take with her. When they played the very last song before we left, we all waved the glow sticks that had been passed out. It was wonderful, but too hard to get through the whole song without sobing. I am so glad to be back home, now I just have to get over the crud and get back to my old self!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Oh my goodness! Are you alright? I could only read half that story because there is a martini on top of the rest, but anyone who gives out glow sticks must have been a wonderful person.

Tue Jan 10, 02:49:00 PM CST  
Blogger jiggs said...

Sounds like a moving, if not conventional service.

Tue Jan 10, 03:12:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

Ubie: Sorry about that, I think I got it fixed. Damn Martini! I'm am doing much better today, thanks for asking. As soon as I get caught up at work and get rid of this sickness shit, I will be a happy camper once again.

Navel: It really was quite unique and special, I hope my family does something cool like that for me. They would all just have to show up drunk, that would be sentiment enough.

Tue Jan 10, 03:32:00 PM CST  
Blogger jiggs said...

I'd like to have a wake instead of a funeral. I've also chosen a few songs that might be good:

Remember Me by Willie Nelson
Jim I wore a tie today by Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash
God Makes No Mistakes by Loretta Lynn

Nobody captures my feelings about death like country musicians that were popular in the 70's.

Tue Jan 10, 06:32:00 PM CST  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

that sounds like a beautiful funeral. I went to one like that where everyone was laughing and remembering how amazing the person was.
I'm glad it wasn't as depressing as it could have been.

Tue Jan 10, 07:30:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

DM: You have too much time on your hands. Even though I always love your ideas!

Jiggsy: Hey lover, I don't even want to think about you dying! But, those are good song choices since you would not have to hear them. I would probably go with 80's one hit wonders or something like that. Oh, I like "Don't close your eyes" by Kix, that one would work. Then some stuff by Kiss so everyone could jam.

Hi pretty Kitty! I think I now have my funeral all planned out. I hope I don't get too old and forget all the great ideas I have come up with.

Wed Jan 11, 09:05:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I have really found it difficult to find the information I am looking for using the blog search. This is a very different world that search engine results. Regardless, I did enjoy reading your post.

--Best of luck,
glow sticks candles

Wed Feb 22, 05:57:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hosting count:

handbags