Sexual Prime...What's up with that?

Just don't get caught with your pants down!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas

I spent the first portion of my life growing up in the same place and just when I was matured and settled, a big gust of wind set me on a course to new unpredictable adventures. I have no idea what my path will be and how many things I will run into, but the ride is sure fun!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th

The 4th of July is a significant date in my world, other than the fact it is Independence Day. My Dad died 9 years ago yesterday and the 4th is always a time to look back and remember him. He was quite a character and I imagine I get my warped sense of humor from him. He was not my birth father, but he did adopt me when I was 5 and raise me. We thought we had a good handle on his cancer and that it was going into remission, but 2 weeks before his death it just took over. He held on for about 4 days while his body was shutting down just so he could go out with a bang….silly man! It made a huge impact on my life and my oldest daughter was only 2, so neither girls will ever know him. I don’t think I would have ended up in a crappy marriage if he would have stayed around. I met my ex 4 months after my Dad died. My Dad would have hated him and I probably would have listened…..even though my Mom and all my friends advised against him too. I’m just stupid like that!


Anyway, this 4th was a blast. My girls are at perfect ages for lots of mayhem and they are in no way sissy girls. We blew stuff up, threw things and tried to set stuff on fire….good fun! They love their smoke bomb writing! The retarded boy from across the street came out of his house by himself with a bag of firecrackers and started lighting them and throwing them. His mom is a piece of work. The boy can barely see and had the punk and fuse less than 2 inches from his face when he lit them. He was too slow on one and it popped in his hand….poor guy! I went over and told him to go in and run cold water on it. After a couple hours, we went down to the lake and shot off waterproof firecrackers in the water. Then we went to a BBQ at my Mom’s house and shot off night works before heading out to the annual fireworks show. My town has one of the biggest most expensive shows in the state….we are very proud and people come from all over to see it! It lasts about 20 minutes and the whole thing is set to music over 1 of the radio stations. I hope you all had as much! It really sucks to be back to work today, ugh!

12 Comments:

Blogger The Lone Rangers said...

Sorry about your dad hun

Wed Jul 05, 11:13:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

You're sweet Ranger....Thanks!!

Wed Jul 05, 11:20:00 PM CDT  
Blogger sxuly yrs said...

Glad you had a good time sweetie. I am also glad you had time with your family and to remember your dad!

Take care..
Andi

Thu Jul 06, 03:56:00 AM CDT  
Blogger jiggs said...

The image of you with your girls running around lighting stuff on fire is hilariously awesome.

Thu Jul 06, 05:45:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time dear, I'm still in recovery myself hehe

Sorry about your dad but it sounds like you have some great memories!!

~B

Thu Jul 06, 07:33:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

Thanks Andie!

Jiggs: It was quite a humorous thing....we had on matching shirts too!

db: I bet you are in recovery....our kids are the same age!

Thu Jul 06, 09:10:00 AM CDT  
Blogger AWE said...

Waterproof firecrackers are a blast, sorry for the pun. I remember when you used to be able to get the real cherry bombs, they were fun to throw into the water and watch the splash.

Sorry about your Dad, but it sounds like you did what he would have wanted for the holiday, have fun.

Thu Jul 06, 09:37:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

You know how to have fun, don't you? lol And, two little girls are growing up to be just like mom!

Glad you're dad left a great impression on your life. He was obviously a good man.

Thu Jul 06, 10:10:00 AM CDT  
Blogger yournamehere said...

That was a nice tribute to your dad.

Thu Jul 06, 02:55:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Weed, sorry I've been out. I'm still recovering from my fourth here. No fireworks, just lots of damn booze and late night fun! LOL. Anyway, great tribute to your dad. He was a great guy. Great pictures of the fourth. Our town does have quite the show. Love ya

Thu Jul 06, 05:27:00 PM CDT  
Blogger jamwall said...

nice memories!

Thu Jul 06, 08:18:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Audio recorder microphone surveillance equipment buy neurontin

Fri Feb 02, 05:30:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hosting count:

handbags