Sexual Prime...What's up with that?

Just don't get caught with your pants down!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas

I spent the first portion of my life growing up in the same place and just when I was matured and settled, a big gust of wind set me on a course to new unpredictable adventures. I have no idea what my path will be and how many things I will run into, but the ride is sure fun!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi

I looked through all the albums to find the butt ugliest pictures of me and these 2 are what I found! I know I embarrassed Madonna....er I mean Lisa a while back with a semi-corny picture of her, but since I don't embarrass, I thought I would settle for entertain. This first one is my Molly Ringwald "Pretty in Pink" phase at my Freshman dance. Believe it or not....I didn't start becoming cool until my Sophomore year....and now I have it mastered. *head expands*

There is a story behind dork pic #2. I stayed the night with my Grandparents the night before my 4th grade pictures because my parents were out of town. Now, my Grandparents didn't have kids until their late 40's. My Granny was born in 1908 and my Grandpa was older than her.....so you can imagine the generation gap. Well, my Granny liked to do what you call "Pin Curls". For those of you that don't know what that is....you take a small section of hair and twist it into a loop and pin it to your head with a bobby pin. This creates lovely, frizzy curls all over your head when removed. I was horrified the next morning when we took them out, but of course she loved it. I went to school like that in tears and to make it better, my principal pulls out his handy dandy comb and tried to straighten it down for me. Ugh...men! So, as you can see, my mom was not thrilled to get my school pictures and my Granny never did my hair again!

15 Comments:

Blogger Everything Nice said...

OMG! Look at you!! So, did the duck man ask you for a dance?

I actually like the pincurls!! It's nice to know a kid can be cute and still grow up to be beautiful...

Most times they lose themselves in their akward phases and never come back!!!

Quit calling yourself ugly dammit! I think you're cool as hell!

Wed Jul 12, 09:11:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

EN: I am cool as hell, but damn was I homely at that age. I would love to see a picture of you as a youngin....I bet you were adorable!!

Sal: Thanks....I outgrew a lot of things. he he I'll be by soon!

Wed Jul 12, 09:33:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Lisa said...

OMG.... you are forgiven! I can't wait to look through mine to find some more dorky ones of me. Let's have a contest to see who looked the dorkiest! Although, I think you already have me beat. I remember pin curls, my mom used to do that to me. They make you such a friz head!

Wed Jul 12, 09:43:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Lisa said...

great, now I'm going to be singing that song all day long!

Wed Jul 12, 09:44:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Hey! I loved the Duck Man!

How the hell are ya, Weed?

Wed Jul 12, 11:05:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

Lisa: If you don't find one dorkier than me....I will find on for you! Remember you "black" phase?

I would be glad to put a different song in your head...."Henry the 8th I am, I am"

Sal: I will bring the Chiefs back for footbal season baby! Don't think I won't animate you!!

GE: The duck man rules!! I am fantastic....but work sucks today!! and you??

Wed Jul 12, 11:08:00 AM CDT  
Blogger jamwall said...

nobody took dorkier school pics than me!

n-o-b-o-d-y!

Wed Jul 12, 01:36:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

Sal: Wager....hhmmm....intriguing!

Jams: Bring it then! You scared??

Wed Jul 12, 01:58:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Lisa said...

how the hell do you have all those? I didn't even know you then!!!! How can you have more pictures of me than I do? LOL, you stalker you. Wait, you probably just took the pictures because you were making fun of me. YOUR so evil!

Wed Jul 12, 04:48:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Crabby said...

That's all you got? I sooo have you beat in the ugly kid department.

Wed Jul 12, 06:22:00 PM CDT  
Blogger The Lone Rangers said...

If you want to do dorky lady...I CAN do dorky...LOL...great pics!! You definately blossomed ;)

Wed Jul 12, 09:32:00 PM CDT  
Blogger jiggs said...

you were cute, yo.

Thu Jul 13, 12:46:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

Sal: Always trying to have fun...if excitement happens....yipee!

anna: Gee, you are so easily amused....I like that!!

Lisa: You actually believe me? You know I can just run right over to moms and pic through all your stuff. I do know I have the ballet one somewhere!!

crabby: For some odd reason....I believe you! he he I just never met a cute redheaded kid...lol j/k

Ranger: I don't think I am going to argue with you! Hey, at least you really blossomed too!!

Jiggs: I don't know if that's a compliment....or bad taste! :)

Thu Jul 13, 08:27:00 AM CDT  
Blogger freethoughtguy said...

Hey, that's a trip! Aren't old photos fun? I have a "Wayback Wednesday" thing going on over on my blog with my own old photos.

Fri Jul 14, 01:14:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

These are so great!

Mon Jul 17, 08:26:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hosting count:

handbags